Who are we?
- Florida State-certified roofing contractor and fully insured.
- Roofing License: CCC1329387
- Over 27 years of construction experience in the Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, and surrounding areas.
- We specialize in quality residential shingle re-roofs, repairs, maintenance and roof inspections.
- We have been selected as a Conklin Master Contractor for the year of 2012, establishing us as a premier roofing contractor with a reputation for business integrity and professionalism.
- We are also Florida State-certified General Contractors, and we understand how your roof system should work together with your existing structure for energy efficiency and structural integrity.
- General Contractors License: CGC 1514781
- We also provide roof coating systems for aged metal roofs or flat roof systems, which does not require re-roofing just a renewing of those type roofs at much less cost.
- We are known for our honesty, integrity and value.
- We cater to our clients needs.
- Competitive and fair pricing.
- Christian Family owned and operated locally in Sarasota.
What We do?
- Shingle and Flat Re-roofs
- Tapered insulation install.
- Inspections and repairs
Click on pictures to see more.
- Conklin Foam and Elastomeric Seamless Roofing System.
- TPO, Asphalt
- Repairs, maintanence, and inspections
- Tapered Insulation Install
Click on pictures to see more.
Steps to expect when re-roofing your home
- Permit is obtained and posted.
- Date and time is confirmed with home owner of dumpster and dry-in materials drop off.
- Removal of existing single layer roofing and haul away debris.
- Examine roof deck for soundness, notify owner of additional repairs needed for approval and repair as necessary to meet current bldg codes.
- Re-nail roof deck if necessary per Code using 8d, ring shank 2 1/2" nails, 6" o.c.
- Install reberoid peel and stick underlayment or owner preferred underlayment as Secondary waterproofing for shingles and/or certainteed flintlastic base sheet for flat roofs.
- Install standard white/brown painted aluminum eave drip (2 1/2" exposure) metal to roofs perimeter.
- Install new ridge vents in same location as existing (if existing).
- Replace all plumbing stacks and vents as required.
- Install Atlas shingles or owner preferred shingle as per manufacture install and/or certainteed flintlastic cap sheet for flat roofs.
- Use six nails per shingle with sufficient length to penetrate wood deck 3/4" or through plywood.
- Inspections are completed and passed.
- Clean up debris and haul away.
- Submit Atlas Shingle warranty and email copy to owner when accepted by manufacture (wait time usually 1 week average).
The Armour Team
As a Florida Certified General Contractor and a registered Architect (Texas), Edward Stroop has 27 years experience in the construction industry. He graduated from the University of Florida in 1981 with a degree in Architecture. Edward has managed, directed and been financially responsible for every aspect of the Construction and Architecture trades. Edward is a hands-on owner responsible not only for the business management of the company but oversees all construction aspects of the company.
Project Manager/Sales Manager
Kaycee Johnson has a degree in Hospitality Management, making her a great fit for customer service, managing and sales. She graduated from the University of South Florida after two years of studying her undergrad at Saint Leo University studying Sports Business Management. She grew up in the construction industry and is intrigued by the building process.
Chris Cahill has been the face of Armour Roofing for 4 years now and for a good reason. Chris is extremely knowledgeable in roofing materials and processes. Chris is the Youth Pastor at The Bridge Church in Venice Florida. When hes not changing lives with his wacky hats hes getting to know each one of our clients with a passion.